One of my fellow bloggers that I’ve actually met in you know, real life, has nominated me for a few blogging awards! And since I dropped the ball on two previous ones by not posting them, I’m making sure I do this one right. However, I did ask her to break the rules and write me different questions. No, I’m not high maintenance. Yes, I like to make my own rules. So, many many thank you’s to Kate over at her amazing blog The Phoenixplains! Please do yourself a favor and visit her blog. Her writing is inspiring, her stories are fun and so relatable, and her photos are beautiful.
Ok, so here goes. I hope I’m doing this right…
The rules for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
Include the award Logo(s) in a post or in your blog.
- Answer 10 question about yourself. Thank you for writing me new questions!
- Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers. Eek! Do I know 10-12 other bloggers?? I’m kind of a loner over here…
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award. Whaty-what-what?? Ok, focus, Melanie.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you. That’s the easy part! 🙂
The Questions: Ooh boy, these are good.
What one ‘need’ and one ‘want’ will you strive to achieve in the next twelve months?
Need: I really don’t feel as though I ‘need’ anything in my life right now. I’m very content.
Want: More travel this year. Short list as of today: Hawaii to see family for the holidays, quick weekend to Sweden to see Ulrika, El Salvador surf trip with Kaleo and the Osicki’s, and maybe a new place to discover!
What three words would you use to describe the last three months of your life?
Happy, loving, fulfilling
What makes you weird/interesting/different?
Hmm, that’s a difficult one to answer myself. I think you would get a much better answer from K or one of my friends. 😉
If you could do it all over again, would you change anything?
If you would have asked me this question about twelve years ago, I would have said yes. But I’ve come to realize that every experience, every decision (whether good or bad), has brought me to this very moment in my life, and I am probably the happiest I’ve ever been. Everything in life is an opportunity to learn and grow. So, today, I say no. I wouldn’t change a thing.
What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?
I try not to forget any small act of kindness that I’m shown. They are all appreciated! Recently, however, a young mother came up to me in the market and told me that her little daughter saw me in the produce section and said, ‘Wow, mommy, that’s a really pretty lady!’ and when she saw me again elsewhere in the store, said, ‘There she is! Can we tell her how pretty she is?’. She must have been 3, and it totally made my day. You know me, dressed in yoga clothes, messy pulled back hair, not feeling so ‘pretty’… It was really sweet.
If you were forced to eliminate every physical possession from your life with the exception of what could fit into a single backpack, what would you put in it?
Well, that depends on the circumstances. If we were in an emergency situation, I would have to bring my bug-out bag that Kaleo has put together for me. I can fit some clothes and other essentials in there and I’m good to go.
Otherwise, I would bring my iPad/iPhone and charger so I could keep in touch with the world; my camera; passport; a couple of changes of clothes and toiletries; journal; wallet.. that’s about it. Wait, can I strap my yoga mat to my backpack??
What have you read online recently that inspired you?
Our President finally making his stance clear on supporting gay marriage. Even though it hurts my heart that it’s even an issue in 2012, it’s big steps like this that will pave the way for equal rights for all humans. EVERYONE should have the right to be married. Period.
If you could take a single photograph of your life, what would it look like?
Just one? How about a collage of travel, love, yoga, music, and loved ones.
What are you most grateful for?
I am most grateful for the people in my life. My husband, my family, my friends. Each one gives me love and encouragement on my journey of being me. It’s so important to surround yourself with honest, loving, people who lift you up and reflect back to you what you shine towards them. Im very grateful for my peeps.
What is the simplest truth you can express in words?
“Where there is love, there is life.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
OK, now to nominate the other bloggers….
1. Of course, The Phoenixplains, as I mentioned above. 🙂
2. Ruth Anne Photography: Ruthie is a dear friend of ours from Australia/Hawaii who is an A-maaazingly talented photographer, gorgeous fashionista, and just an all around bad-ass chick.
3. Julie Anne Art: She makes the cutest cards and has a lot of great DIY projects that I’m going to try someday. And her new bangs are adorable.
4. The Domestic Princess: Another great friend (in real life) who has had the most heart-touching journey with motherhood. From trying to conceive to giving birth to her beautiful baby boy who spent his first two months in the hospital… she courageously blogs about it all.
5. Green Bottles: I met Simi in downtown San Diego a few years back after a Pepper show I think. She told me her and her husband were preparing to embark on an open-ended journey around the world. How awesome is that?? Her blog documents the entire adventure. And yes, they are still going!
I’m going to leave it at 5 for now. Thanks to Kat for re-writing the questions, and being oh-so-patient with me. I’m not very savvy in the whole blogging world…
Enjoy this beautiful day!