1. I like to name things. I even make up names for pets that I don’t have. My car has a name, my guitar has a name, my plants have names… I actually re-named myself when I was like, five. Jellybean Purple. No middle name. Does that name really even need one?
2. I have really odd phobias. Semi Trucks are on the top of the list. Not just driving near them, but everything that has to do with them. It’s irrational and silly, but I have a hard time getting out of the tour bus when we stop at truck stops on the road. The drivers, the lifestyle, their little APARTMENTS in the cab of the truck, the truck stops, the sounds they make…. creeeeppy. I’m also afraid of crows. Growing up in Hawaii, the closest we got were Mynah Birds. Not scary. Funny, but not scary. Then I move to the mainland and there are these massive, shiny, black Pterodactyls that walk with an agenda. They cross the street in the crosswalks and look at you the whole time. What is that?! They could fly, but they choose to be intimidating and strut. And of course all of the movies about them freaked me out. I also fear Tyra Banks. She is FIERCE. In the old school scary way, not the Runway Model-fierce way. Have you seen her highlights on The Soup? I’m just sayin… I wouldn’t want to meet her in a dark alley. Yep, I said it, I’m afraid of Tyra Banks. Speaking of people, I think I am afraid of Nicholas Cage too. There is something a little off about him. Oh! And Cougars. The woman, not the cat. They scare the shit out of me. They snarl at me all the time when they see that I have a hot husband that they can’t have. Ok, I will clarify. I’m afraid of Snarling Cougars.
3. Trees that have the name ‘Weeping’ in them make me sad. Like Weeping Willows, or Weeping Fig. My heart hurts for them, like they are forever bummed out.
4. I count stairs every time I climb them. Even the ones in my house. There are 17 of them, and I know that there will always be 17 of them,but each time I run upstairs I count. Hmm I just realized that I don’t ever count when I go DOWN the stairs…
5. J’ Adore Brigitte Bardot. A beautiful, pouty, French sex-kitten turned animal-rights activist?? Awesome.
6. I have a bad habit of changing the channel with the remote at JUST the right moment. Or wrong moment, I guess. Right when they are going to announce who the killer was, or who the winner is, or what terrifying new disease we have to be in fear of on the evening news….. click! ‘oops, sorry. I’ll change it back.’ But the moment is always gone. Sorry love. I feel your pain on this one.
7. My hottest celebrity crush is actually my husband. Beckham has nothing on Kaleo…
8. I don’t like ice cream. I really don’t. I mean, I’ll EAT it, but I won’t necessarily enjoy it.
9. I have a huge fascination with foreign languages. I can hold my own in 4 languages besides English. My goal is to be proficient, if not fluent, in all of them. However, I keep traveling to new places and discovering new love for their native tongue as well, so my to-learn list is growing long. I need to stay focused on the top four and then move on to the rest.
10. Maybe it’s because I’m a Gemini, but I love extreme opposites. For example, I would have no problem living in a city such as NYC or Buenos Aires for 3 months and then living in an ashram in Rishikesh, India for the next three. Why not? It’s not about the best of both worlds, but the Best of the Entire World that intrigues me. Luckily, I have a husband who feels the same way.
Okay so there are a few of mine. Anyone else out there want to share? 🙂